Wednesday, August 12, 2009

In Kuwait

Well we got here a few days ago. It was strange to be here again. When I go off the Bus I could smell how the land was, how the sand had just seemed to have been cursed by creation. I thought that it was impossible to forget the smells the last time I was here. Now that I am back the memories just flooded my mind. With things like the lives that we had lost, the missions we had done the people we had seen. In that time I so wanted to make it seem a life time ago as it continued flooding back. Then reality hit as we walked toward are tents. The reality was the smell of cooked shit that was coming from the wind. That above all smells I had wished I could have traded for a memory, any memory, it was awful. Then I found myself saying aloud "daddy's home". Some of you may ask why the hell would you say or even think that. Well its kinda like when your mother would look at you and say "you just wait until your father comes home". For me its kinda like that.
The next few days has been the most unmotivated base that I have ever been on. While there are things to do, thanks to the M.W.R. Its so Hot and windy that we just want to try to get are rest. I still don't feel like I have caught up with the sleep that I lost on the 9Th. Oh just so yo know I never seen the whole day of the 9Th. We had flown all day and night. It was crazy. Well I have to go. I feel as if I am going to fall asleep again. You all take care and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment